Rules of Registration
An agreement between ISOQAR Inc. (ISOQAR) and CLIENTS
Introduction and Scope
ISOQAR is a privately owned independent organisation. The Scope of Accreditation issued by ANAB, is an acknowledgement that ISOQAR has the necessary expertise and ability to manage Quality Management System audits for the following standards: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 27701, AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120. Details of all accredited scopes held are available on request to ISOQAR. ISOQAR Certification of a management system is not a guarantee that products or services provided by the client meet specific requirements.
In order for ISOQAR to perform audit, evaluation and certification of management systems, the client must agree to supply all necessary information to ISOQAR. After certification, if the client makes changes affecting the quality management system, significant changes in personnel, ownership, scope of operations or facilities the client must inform ISOQAR of such changes. ISOQAR reserves the right to re-audit if necessary to ensure conformance and effectiveness.
All AQMS registered clients are required to make available audit reports and associated documents/ records to their customers and potential customers upon request as required by AS9104/1
Isoqar Personnel and Confidentiality
ISOQAR undertakes to provide suitably qualified personnel for all audit work using their own staff or suitable qualified subcontractors. All members of ISOQAR (full-time employees or sub-contractors) are required to sign confidentiality agreements concerned covering all confidential information to which they may be exposed to at the client’s premises.
Application for registration
On receiving a completed Questionnaire, ISOQAR will prepare a quotation detailing audit cost. On acceptance of this quotation, the client must complete the Agreement form and submit it to ISOQAR. The Operations Manager will then select a suitable audit team to carry out the audit in accordance with ISOQAR’s procedures.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 Audits
The Stage 1 audit, is a review of the client’s documentation with respect to the appropriate Standards. This is generally performed at the client’s premises, in conjunction with the client’s management representative. A tour of the site will be completed during the Stage 1 audit. Upon satisfying the auditor of the conformance of the documentation and site requirements (if applicable), a report is produced and a Stage 2 audit schedule date is agreed to by the client and ISOQAR.
The Stage 2 Audit is then performed in accordance with the agreed schedule. The stage 2 audit is an on-site comprehensive examination of the conformance and effectiveness of the client’s management system. This audit is carried out using client manuals and procedures and by interviewing relevant members of the client’s staff regarding their working practices. If nonconformances are noted during the stage 2 audit client corrective actions must be completed before the auditor can recommend registration. If further visits are required due to non-conformances found, these will be undertaken and at the clients cost.
On completion of the Stage 2 audit, the Lead Auditor sends the audit documents to the Operations Manager of ISOQAR. On reviewing the completed audit documents stating that the client’s management system meets the requirements of the relevant standards ISOQAR will issue of certificate of registration in accordance with ISOQAR procedures. The certificate remains the property of ISOQAR. Providing that the client maintains the management system to the required standard, the certificate is valid for three years. A Recertification audit must be carried out prior to the expiration of the certificate in order to maintain the client’s registration.
After the issue of a certificate, in order to maintain registration, scheduled surveillance visits will be carried out at the client’s premises at least once per year. If serious conformity or performance issues are identified, more visits may be required at the discretion ISOQAR. The client must agree to meet the additional costs relating to such increased surveillance. In exceptional circumstances, after complaints etc then some visits maybe unannounced on site audits.
Extension to the Scope of Registration
This may be applied for in the same way as the initial audit, indicating the increased scope of registration being required. An extension of scope audit will be carried out to cover areas not previously included in the scope. If successful, a new certificate indicating the new scope will be issued by ISOQAR. There will be a charge for extensions to scope and re-issue of the certificates.
Once a certificate has been issued, the client has the right to publish that fact. The relevant logos can be used on the client’s documents and web site relating only to the audited scope of registration and the relevant part of the standard, in accordance with ISOQAR rules for use.
ISOQAR will take all reasonable precautions to see that there is no misuse of their certificate in client advertising etc. The client undertakes only to use certification marks or accredited certification marks as appropriate to its audited scope of registration and relevant Standards.
Suspension, Withdrawal, Reduction, Refusing & Restoring of Certification
After issuance a certificate may be suspended or withdrawn as follows:
Suspended for a short period due to:
- Continued misuse of logos.
- Failure to apply corrective action as a result of discrepancies found at audit visits.
- Failure of a client to settle the financial account.
- Any other breach of ISOQAR’s Rules of Registration.
Withdrawn due to:
- Failure to respond to requests made by ISOQAR after suspension of certificate.
- Failure of a client to settle their financial account.
- A request by the client.
Reducing scope of Certification
- If unresolved issues regarding part of the scope of certification are found then it may be necessary for ISOQAR to reduce the clients scope of certification to comply with certification procedures
- This may be requested by the audit team, ISOQAR management or at the request of the client
- ISOQAR will then refer the decision to the certification decision maker and the client notified and if successful a new certificate will be issued with the adjusted scope of certification. The client will be liable for any extra charges incurred
ISOQAR will refuse to certify a client if:
- They do not have the accredited sector scope from the accreditation body
- There is an impartiality issue between ISOQAR and the Applicant
- The client fails to satisfy the auditors or certification decision makers for compliance to the certification standard. Further audits may be conducted by ISOQAR after the client corrects the issues found
After changes to the client certification scope or status the certificate may be restored after a defined period if:
- All of the non-compliance issues have been resolved by the client, usually following a further ISOQAR on site audit, and with the agreement of the certification decision maker. The client will meet any costs.
- At the clients request after they decided to cancel their certification. The normal application and audit conditions will apply at the expense of the client.
If for any reason a client is not in agreement with the Lead Auditor’s recommendation after an audit including suspension or withdrawal of a certificate, the client may make an appeal to the Operations Manager of ISOQAR. The Appeals-Committee will hear evidence from the client’s representative and the relevant Lead Auditor. The decision of the committee is final and binding on both the client and ISOQAR. No counter claims will be allowed by either party. No costs, for whatever reason, will be allowed for either party as a result of an appeal.
Client Complaints against Isoqar Personnel
If a client has a complaint regarding any employee of ISOQAR, this should be sent in writing to the Operations Manager of ISOQAR. If the complaint involves the Operations Manager then the complaint is to be addressed to the President of ISOQAR. Any complaints made will never result in discriminating action by ISOQAR Inc against the complainant.
Terms of Payment
- All application fees are to be sent with the Application Form and Agreement.
- Audit and Recertification Audit fees are to be paid following the audit and on receipt of ISOQAR invoice.
- Surveillance fees or subsequent visit fees as a result of non-conformance. Surveillance fees are to be paid following the surveillance visit and on receipt of ISOQAR invoice. Extra visits or office closeouts as a result of non-conformance will be chargeable to the client at ISOQAR’s standard fees at the time.
Cancellation of audit or surveillance dates by the client within twenty working days of the agreed dates may result in ISOQAR charging the client $800.00 for each audit day cancelled plus any expenses all ready incurred.
All fees paid to ISOQAR for services provided are non-refundable.
Neither ISOQAR nor its representatives warrant the accuracy of any audit, review, information, certification, service or advice supplied. Except as stated in this document, neither ISOQAR nor its representatives shall be liable for any loss, expense or damage however so sustained by any company, client or person due to any act whatsoever taken by ISOQAR or its representatives, except to the extent that any attempted exclusion or liability would be contrary to law.
The client will indemnify ISOQAR against any claims or losses suffered by ISOQAR as a result of misuse by the client of any approval or registration given to the client by ISOQAR under its rules of registration.
All ISOQAR certificated clients will allow ANAB auditors, and Sector Scheme and Regulatory Authority representatives to witness ISOQAR staff carrying out their audits. Failure to allow a witnessed audit could jeopardise the client’s registration.
ISOQAR reserves the right to change these rules of registration without prior notification. Clients and potential clients are recommended to request from ISOQAR regular updates to the Rules of Registration which are also available on the ISOQAR website